- Small town located near the Indo-Tibet border and 6,000 feet altitude.
- Known for both its religious and historical significance.
- Siyom River, which flows through Mechuka and provides a breathtaking view in the valley.
- Major tourist attraction here is a 400 year-old Buddhist Monastery.
- During winter time great views of the snow-clad mountains and snow fall.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Dibrugarh (Mohanbari) Airport (DIB) 385 kms and Lilabari Airport (IXI) 425 kms distance from Mechuka.
- Rail: Silapathar Railway Station 325 kms from Mechika.
- Road: Well connected by road and 180 kms from Along.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE:
Samtem Yongcha Monastery
For more information visit https://arunachaltourism.com/
ATTRACTIONS OF MECHUKA
- A high altitude snow fed lake at 3,100 Meters.
- About 10 kms from the last road point.
- Natural lake with scenic surroundings.
Samtem Yongcha Monastery:
- 400 year’s oldest Buddhist monasteries of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Mahayana sect is situated here and a hill top overlooking the valley.