- This “Jewel of the Kachchh” was the capital of the princely State of Kachchh.
- The old walled city can be entered through crenelated gateways.
- The mazes like streets bustling with activity are a good place for buying handicrafts items.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION:
- Airport: Bhuj Airport, Bhuj (BHI), 5.5 kms away from Bhuj city centre.
- Rail: Bhuj Railway Station, Bhuj, 3 kms away from Bhuj city centre.
- Road: Well connected by road.
SIGHTSEEING AT A GLANCE
FORT & MONUMENTS
Aina Mahal , Prag Mahal
MUSEUM & AUDITORIUM
FAIRS & FESTIVALS
- Naagpanchami or Bhujia Fair
- Jesal Toral Fair
- Shitla Saptami Fair
- Fair of Hajipir
- Mota Yaksh Fair
- Dada Mekan Fair
- Kutch Mahaotsav or Rann Utsav
- Ganesh Chaturthi
- Kite Festival
For more information visit https://www.gujarattourism.com/kutch-zone/kutch.html
ATTRACTIONS OF BHUJ
- Beautiful palace with European influence.
- It was built in 1759, by Rao Lakhpatji.
- Imposing palace was made by Rao Paragmaji II.
- It is built in Italian Gothic style and has a large Darbar Hall, big rooms, wide verandahs and a 45 metres high bell tower.
- Oldest museum of Gujarat and was established in 1877, by Maharao Khengarji III.
- Located on the banks of Hamirsar Lake.
- Museum has a rich collection of Kshatrapa inscription, archaeological finds, arms and artefacts.